Dec 15 2020

Suspension of Racing

Published by at 23:58 under Racing

Dear Members,

Having now moved into Tier 3 and with infections currently rising in the local area a decision has been made by the General and Sailing Committees to currently suspend racing at the club. We are aware that RYA Tier 3 guidelines do still allow racing to continue.

Many factors were taken into account when making our decision and included the clubs duty of care to all members including the volunteers for Rib duties and race management.

This means racing on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th December is cancelled.

The toilets and access to the dinghy park will remain open to members.

Members may still currently go free sailing but nothing will be organised by the club.

If members use the water please take into account Club Notice 8 issued on the 6th November which again becomes applicable.

The decision to suspend racing will be reviewed again prior to the Frozen sheets race currently scheduled for Saturday 2nd January 2021.


Adrian Bunting

Commodore TBYC.


No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.