|Sat 20th September 2014
||Autumn Saturday 1
|Sun 21th September 2014
||Barts Bash/Autumn Sunday 2
Be a part of the largest sailing race in the world, so for Barts Bash follow the instructions in the post
Barts Bash, Sunday 21 September 2014, 10am Start
Why not check to see who is on Duty and make sure it is not you (It’s a scrollable window)
Click Link below for Bart’s Bash Supplementary Sailing Instructions
Barts Bash Supp SIs
Autumn is here and a good time to enjoy Scott’s excellent Carvery, which continues this Sunday.
So don’t miss the usual excellent Joints and Roast Vegetables, with a big pudding to finish.
Please phone and book so Scott can sort a table out for you (especially if you plan on being late).
Call 07763511657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or email fast links, Book 2 Seats 4 Seats 8 Seats
Barts Bash, Sunday 21st, 10am start
In order to comply with the Guinness world record attempt, we need your help.
We are short of one or two people to take photos and video the start and finish from the Committee Boat. There role is outlines below.
- Video of the event. We need to ensure that the start and finish of the race is recorded by video. You do not need to record the whole race.
- Take photos of the event, preferably of the start line where the boats are massed. If possible for publicity, a group shot (or shots) on land would be fantastic with your club flag in front of the group etc.
We need two independent witnesses (must be non members and not family members of anyone racing) They will need to be on the rib while it measures the course using GPS, then witness the race start, recording of results and the finish from the Committee boat. Do you know anyone?
- All clubs wishing to enter the Guinness world record attempt MUST have 2 independent witnesses. We will provide statements for them to sign. These signed statements will be required following the event.
- Independent witnesses cannot be members of the club and cannot be linked to the race in any way. i.e. family taking part in the race.
6 Lasers decided to brave the blustery conditions on Sunday 14th September and travelled over to the lovely Tollesbury sailing club, the full story will be in the next issue of Newsbouy, but here are the Thorpe Bay members results;
1st Overall and 1st Radial; Chris Tillyer
2nd Overall and 2nd Radial; Wesley Absolom
4th Overall and 2nd Standard; Rick Paxman
6th Overall and 3rd Standard; Nick Turner
9th Overall and 5th Standard; Michael Airey
12th Overall and 7th Standard; Jeremy Doran
GOOD Avon redstart dinghy with divided oars, foot pump, 12volt hispeed pump and bag.
It’s been kept in my wardrobe – not a shed – for over 5 years and I have given up sailing now – definitely. £145
As new stainless steel and varnished hardwood outboard motor bracket for Avon dinghy. It’s had virtually no use at all £39 (less than half new price)
Brand new HABITENT . I never opened the parcels sent to me when ordered.
Its a lightweight cockpit tent to fit more or less any cruiser. (See the habitent sites on the internet.) For sale at half the current new price. £159.
Health situation has forced the sale of my last boat and I am clearing up odds and ends.
Tel: 01702 582819 david dane
The Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation is delighted to announce the launch of the new Bart’s Bash website and the opening of the individual sailor sign-up process
Organised by the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation, Bart’s Bash is a global sailing race and fundraising event which will take place on Sunday 21 September 2014. Bart’s Bash will inspire and unite thousands of worldwide sailors in a race at their local sailing club to set a new Guinness World Record and to raise money for charity.
Our club is delighted and excited to be taking part in Bart’s Bash. If you would like to sail TBYC on September 21st then begin your event registration by following the link below and clicking the “Sign Up to Sail Here”.
If you have any questions about the race, please try the FAQ’s page as a starting point, or ask for more details from your Sailing Committee at the club, or email me email@example.com.
1. Visit the new Bart’s Bash website www.bartsbash.co.uk
2. Click on the yellow ‘Sign me up’ button
3. Log-in via facebook or create an account by entering your email address
4. Search clubs to find and select your local Bart’s Bash registered club
5. Fill in your contact details
6. Select whether you are a skipper or crew and fill in the details of your boat
7. Tick the box to setup a Just Giving fundraising page or click finish to complete your registration
8. Share your Bart’s Bash profile page and start fundraising!
Every sailing club that registers will has its own microsite created where the fundraising totals, number of participants and much more will be displayed. Join the just giving TBYC team and lets see what TBYC can do.
Thank you for your support.
For Sale Sandhopper 11 SCRUFFY Totally sorted boat no work required, comes complete with two suits of sails one set new 2013. Only requires re antifouling this winter then just step in and start having Fun £3500 ovno.
Contact Paul 07989 654842 or Allen 07889 447467